Cultural Responsiveness Trainer-Consultant
Reports to: Director of Programs & Services
Job Status: Hourly Consultant
Description: The Cultural Responsiveness Trainer-Consultant will train health and human service providers, school administrators and teachers, and government workers in the Hudson Valley region to create environments that are affirming and sensitive to the needs of diverse LGBTQ individuals and their loved ones. The Trainer-Consultant may also support the Director of Programs and Services with outreach, development of curriculum, evaluation tools and relationship building with partner organizations.
- Conduct formal training for health and human service providers, school administrators and teachers, and government workers in the Hudson Valley region; provide additional technical assistance to trainees as needed.
- Coordinate with Director of Programs and Services to expand relationships with agencies requesting training.
- Participate in professional development meetings with Center staff and other Trainer Consultants up to once a month (remote participation available).
- Provide summary reports to Director of Programs and Services on trainings and deliver post-training surveys to Center staff for data analysis.
- Other responsibilities as deemed appropriate and necessary by the Director of Programs & Services.
- Familiarity with, understanding of, and sensitivity to the issues and experiences of LGBTQ persons in the Hudson Valley.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other team members and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Friendly, approachable attitude and ability to remain open-minded when encountering diversity in thought, gender, culture, language, and behavior.
- Ability to facilitate and engage members of the LGBTQ community at divergent levels of skill, attention, development, and interest.
- Ability to recognize crisis situations and strictly follow protocols for responses.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Google Docs platform.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
- BA/BS in Social Work, Psychology, Education, Gender Studies or related field.
- At least two years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong written communication skills and computer proficiency required.
- Bilingual English-Spanish language speakers preferred.
Send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking for an immediate hire so applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
The Hudson Valley LGBTQ Community Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with a diverse staff—people of color, those of transgender experience, people with disabilities, women, and all LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.