The Hudson Valley LGBTQ+ Community Center is hiring eleven (11) contracted group facilitators to lead LGBTQ+ social and support groups. Group facilitators design, market, plan and implement engaging, supportive, and inclusive bi-monthly 2 hour meetings for their designated group catering to the Hudson Valley LGBTQ+ community. Contracted group facilitators will work with the Director of Programs and Services to design and title the group, while adhering to the center’s mission and group standards/focus (outlined below).
Facilitators will hold group meetings in-person* (with possible exception for LGBTQ+ Abilities group) at the Hudson Valley LGBTQ+ Community Center (300 Wall Street Kingston) or at another location within Dutchess, Orange, Sullivan or Ulster counties upon approval from the Director of Programs and Services. It is strongly preferred that groups provide hybrid attendance options for those who wish to access the meeting via Zoom.
Facilitators must keep a record of group meeting attendance and demographic information of attendees and report numbers after each meeting. Each group facilitator will also replace one group meeting in June with a specialty pride-themed meeting or event designed by the facilitator and/or group.
The group facilitator contract is for a 6 month commitment, with the option for renewal at the end of the end of term. Upon hiring, all group facilitators must attend mandatory orientation sessions, such as LGBTQ+ Inclusivity and Anti-Bias/Diversity Equity and Inclusion Training, and review space usage and building opening/closing procedures with center staff. Any facilitators working with minors must undergo a background check prior to first group meeting.
Contracted group facilitators will be paid $100 monthly ($20 per hour for 5 hours: two 2 hour group sessions and 1 hour of planning/prep time).
If you would like to be the Hudson Valley LGBTQ+ Community Center’s next group facilitator, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with “Group Facilitator Interest” in the subject line, and include the following:
1. Name and Pronouns
2. Group(s) you are interested in facilitating (see full list of options below)
3. Describe any relevant experience, credentials, or skill sets which would assist you in facilitating this/these specific group(s)
4. Provide date/time options for group meetings (with preference given to evenings and weekends)
5. Include your availability to meet with center programming staff to discuss your interest in the group facilitator position and your vision for the group.
LGBTQ+ Social and Support Groups:
1. Middle School Group: This group provides a safe space for middle school age students (ages 10-13) to meet, support each other, and talk about issues related to sexual orientation and gender identity and expression.
2. Queer Family Planning Group: A social & support group for LGBTQ+ folks looking to expand their families. Meetings may provide support surrounding topics of adoption, foster care, fertility treatment, surrogacy processes, parenting and more.
3. BIPOC Group: Social group for queer and trans Black, Indigenous, and/or People of Color to provide friendship and support while fostering a sense of community.
4. LGBTQ+ Advocacy Group: The Advocacy group determines and implements bimonthly action items and campaigns which focus on improving health and wellness opportunities, economic stability, and equal rights for the LGBTQ+ community and all intersections within it. Action items will be shared with Center program staff to share via center communication channels to involve and activate the broader community.
Please note that the outlined groups are additions to the current groups and programs at the Hudson Valley LGBTQ+ Community Center. If you don’t see a group you’d like to get involved with here or on our website (https://lgbtqcenter.org/) please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to provide a suggestion. Provided groups are determined based upon assessment results of community needs and requests, and are subject to change based upon community interest.
The Hudson Valley LGBTQ+ Community Center is an equal opportunity employer; we especially encourage applications from People of Color, those who identify as TGNC, a part of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities. To find out more about the Center please visit https://lgbtqcenter.org/