The Hudson Valley LGBTQ+ Community Center is hiring multiple contracted group facilitators to lead LGBTQ+ social and support groups. Group facilitators design, market, plan and implement engaging, supportive, and inclusive bi-monthly 1.5 hour meetings for their designated group catering to the Hudson Valley LGBTQ+ community. Contracted group facilitators will work with the Director of Programs and Services to design and title the group, while adhering to the center’s mission and group standards/focus (outlined below).
Facilitators will hold group meetings in-person* (with exception for LGBTQ+ Abilities group) either on-site at the Hudson Valley LGBTQ+ Community Center (300 Wall Street Kingston) or at an off-site location within Dutchess, Orange, Sullivan or Ulster counties upon approval from the Director of Programs and Services. It is strongly preferred that groups provide hybrid attendance options for those who wish to access the meeting via Zoom (technical set-up for Hybrid meetings is available at the Center). Facilitators must keep a record of group meeting attendance and demographic information of attendees and report numbers after each meeting. Each group facilitator will also replace one group meeting in June with a specialty pride-themed meeting or event designed by the facilitator and/or group.
The group facilitator contract is for a 6 month commitment (January 1-June 30), with the option for renewal at the end of the end of term. Upon hiring, all group facilitators must attend mandatory orientation sessions, such as LGBTQ+ Inclusivity and Anti-Bias/Diversity Equity and Inclusion Training, and review space usage and building opening/closing procedures with center staff. Any facilitators working with minors must undergo a background check prior to first group meeting.
Contracted group facilitators will be paid $100 monthly ($20 per hour for 5 hours: two 1.5 hour group sessions, 1 hour of set-up & clean-up time, and 1 hour of planning/prep time).
If you would like to be the Hudson Valley LGBTQ+ Community Center’s next group facilitator, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with “Group Facilitator Interest” in the subject line, and include the following:
- Name and Pronouns
- Group(s) you are interested in facilitating (see full list of options below)
- Describe any relevant experience, credentials, or skill sets which would assist you in facilitating this/these specific group(s)
- Provide date/time options for group meetings (with preference given to evenings and weekends)
- Include your availability to meet with center programming staff to discuss your interest in the group facilitator position and your vision for the group.
LGBTQ+ Social and Support Groups Open For Group Facilitators:
- Spiritual But Not Religious Group- A group for LGBTQ+ spiritual folks to come together in an interfaith or nondenominational group to discuss spirituality. This group offers an accepting space for participants to come as they are and gather in community with others who prioritize spirituality in their lives, or would like to.
Please note that the outlined groups are additions to the current groups and programs at the Hudson Valley LGBTQ+ Community Center. If you don’t see a group you’d like to get involved with here or on our website (https://lgbtqcenter.org/) please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to provide a suggestion. Provided groups are determined based upon assessment results of community needs and requests, and are subject to change based upon community interest.
The Hudson Valley LGBTQ+ Community Center is an equal opportunity employer; we especially encourage applications from People of Color, those who identify as TGNC, a part of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities.